The Congress Talks series of virtual events lead up to the IWA #WorldWaterCongress & Exhibition to take place in Copenhagen, Denmark on 9-14 May 2021.
This edition unfolds interesting lessons on urban water management learned from the Danish water sector, as presented in a White Paper from State of Green and IWA DK. Speakers present experiences from selected Danish utilities, consultancies and technology providers related to the Congress topic: Water for smart liveable cities.
This Congress Talks edition looks into technical solutions, the enabling environment, and discusses the role of digitalisation towards liveable cities. The discussions will have an introductory form, including pitches of digital solutions and case study presentations on service provision and urban transformation that will serve as a teaser for exciting sessions to come in WWCE 2021 Copenhagen.
Participants should have an overall understanding of key elements contributing to water for smart liveable cities and understand how this links to the sustainability agenda.
1. Smart liveable cities are developed in partnerships
2. Smart liveable cities contribute to meeting the SDG’s and to increased liveability.
3. Digital solutions can enable the transformation towards sustainability and liveability – and the other way round.
International Water Association / DANVA / State of Green
- Helle Katrine Andersen, Moderator, Chair of IWA DK and IWA Board member
- Peter Steen Mikkelsen, Professor, Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
- Miriam Feilberg, DANVA
- Klavs Høgh, Head of Projetcs, Niras
- Lena Warming, Head of Commercial Services, Kamstrup
- Pernille Ingildsen, Head of projects at Hillerød Utility and Chief editor of AQUA, IWA Publishing.
- Nick Ahrensberg, Project Manager Varga project, BIOFOS
- Christian Nyerup Nielsen, Director, Climate Adaptation & Landscape, Ramboll
- Jes Clauson-Kaas, Chief consultant, Greater Copenhagen Utility
- Jesper Kjelds, Chief Digital Information Officer, Aarhus Vand
- Anders Bækgaard, Congress President, IWA Copenhagen’
Sign up for this webinar here >